Sunday, June 8, 2014

Wrap up

Now that the season is over there are just too many highlights to mention here. 

Winning the State Tournament was of course a highlight, but to break it down further, perhaps the highlight was when we pulled ahead by 3 points instead of 2. Or perhaps it was the sweet IO flick to Kirby in the endzone that finally won the game. Perhaps it was Reed's no-look throws to his brother. Ok, it was not that. Or maybe the highlight was when Ian caught a diving Callahan against Colchester - a throw that was going to their star player Noah. We were down I believe at that point, perhaps 5-2? And then they didn't score again; we came back to win 5-15. It had been my fear earlier in the day that we would not be focused enough on the first game that we would be knocked out by losing to Colchester, and that fear was increasingly manifesting until that Callahan. Ivan got bookends (both the D and the score) against St. J. That was such a spirited game. So good. 

Then there was co-winning the spirit award, shared with the team that got dead last. What an honor, to both win the tournament and the spirit award. I love that our girls co-won the spirit award as well! I love that when they heard they co-won it with Lyndon someone exclaimed "Oh I LOVE Lyndon!" This sort of thing affirms to me that Ultimate is doing something right in the world of sports. 

I wish I could speak more to the specific highlights from the Girls Team or the B Team, but I can't be everywhere. 

Winning coach of the year was pretty nice too. The whole thing was sort of a blur at that point. 

With our final round robin and end of the year party done at this point, I guess I'll say thank you to all who supported us this season! We're always looking to improve, so if you have suggestions please get in touch! See you next season!  



No comments:

Post a Comment